November 17, 2013
A storm system brought devastating tornadoes and high winds to the Champaign-Urbana area on November 17, 2013. Illinois Governor Patrick Quinn declared Champaign County a disaster area. Gifford's EF-3 tornado caused six injuries in its 24 mile-path. Nearby, Vermillion County was hit in Jamaica, Caitlin, Westville, Danville, Rankin, and Hoopeston.
Storm Damage Investigators in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois and Nationwide
Engineering Specialists Inc. has specialized knowledge and years of experience in assessment of damage to property caused by nature; including tornado, wind, hail, fire, lightning, flood, and earthquake. Our background in the many systems and components that comprise buildings, vehicles and equipment give us a unique understanding of the full impact of the damage. We can confidently assess whether full replacement is required, or if alternative approaches for repair and restoration are appropriate.
Our staff of forensic engineers can fully analyze incidents that have caused storm damage to structural, mechanical and electrical systems. We have completed thousands of property damage investigations throughout the United States including those common to Illinois.
A storm damage evaluation is only as effective as the engineer making the evaluation so it is important to contact a firm in Champaign-Urbana with experience. ESI has been providing engineering and investigative services for over 20 years.
Services We Offer in the Area:
- Evaluation of tornado or high wind damage to buildings or equipment
- Evaluation of structural damage
- Analysis of Compliance with Champaign or Urbana and the State of Illinois Building Codes for any repairs or restoration.
- Third party assessment of hail damage to roofs or outside equipment
- Analysis of lightning damage to structures or electrical systems and equipment
- Assessment of roof failure or collapse as a result of accumulated load, additional weight and snow drift
- Origin and cause of water penetration
- Assessment of extent of damage due to fire
- Origin and cause of retaining wall failures
Contact us for a no-obligation consultation at 877-559-4010 or click here for more information.