November 20, 2013
On November 17, 2013, tornadoes ripped through the Peoria area and neighboring Tazewell County. The EF-4 tornado damaged hundreds of homes in North Pekin, East Peoria, Morton, and Washington before travelling north to Metamora, Benson, Minonk and Dana. Preliminary reports from The National Weather Service listed 1 fatality and 122 injuries resulting from the .5 mile wide by 34.5 mile long tornado path. To the east, the storm system pounded Bloomington with 3.75"-4" hailstones and high winds. Normal, IL recorded 2.75" hailstones.
Storm Damage Investigators in Peoria, Illinois and Nationwide
Engineering Specialists Inc. has specialized knowledge and years of experience in assessment of damage to property caused by nature; including tornado, wind, hail, fire, lightning and flood. Our background in the many systems and components that comprise buildings, vehicles and equipment give us a unique understanding of the full impact of the damage. We can confidently assess whether full replacement is required, or if alternative approaches for repair and restoration are appropriate.
Our staff of forensic engineers can fully analyze incidents that have caused storm damage to structural, mechanical and electrical systems. We have completed thousands of property damage investigations throughout the United States including those common to Illinois.
A storm damage evaluation is only as effective as the engineer making the evaluation so it is important to contact a firm in Peoria with experience. ESI has been providing engineering and investigative services for over 20 years.
Services We Offer in the Peoria Area:
- Evaluation of tornado or high wind damage to buildings or equipment.
- Third party assessment of hail damage to roofs or outside equipment.
- Evaluation of structural damage after storm.
- Analysis of Compliance with Peoria and the State of Illinois Building Codes for any repairs or restoration.
- Analysis of lightning damage to structures or electrical systems and equipment.
- Assessment of roof failure or collapse as a result of accumulated load, additional weight and snow drift.
- Origin and cause of water penetration.
- Assessment of extent of damage due to fire.
- Origin and cause of retaining wall failures.
Contact us for a no-obligation consultation at 877-559-4010 or click here for more information.
Engineering Specialists Inc also serves the following cities and towns located within the Peoria Area.
- Creve Coeur
- East Peoria
- El Paso
- Germantown Hills
- Marquette Heights
- Peoria Heights
- West Peoria