We provide fire origin & cause investigations for all types residential structures – including single-family homes and multi-family structures such as duplexes, triplexes, apartment buildings and condominiums. Residential fires account for the majority of fire loss in terms of both civilian deaths and monetary value. According to the NFPA in 2017, there were approximately 2,700 civilian deaths and nearly 11,000 civilian injuries in residential structures. This resulted in nearly $8 Billion dollars in property damage over the course of 2017.
Residential fires can be caused by many different reasons
- Mechanical failures of equipment such as HVAC systems
- Electrical malfunctions from older wiring
- Poorly done electrical/mechanical modifications
- Intentional setting of a fire (arson)
- Cigarettes or other smoking devices
- Lightning strikes
The experts at Engineering Specialists, Inc. have extensive experience evaluating fire damage to residential structures and finding the origin & cause. Depending on the scope of work, we can conduct the initial origin & cause investigation or represent you or your business at a joint evaluation. It is critical to use a firm that knows what they are doing.
Depending on your specified scope of work, we can:
- Conduct an origin & cause investigation
- Identify all parties for potential subrogation
- Conduct or represent you at a joint evaluation
- Retain evidence for destructive analysis
We conduct detailed investigations to find the origin and cause of failure that occurred to any residential structure. We can and regularly work for all sides of the equation as a true third-party representative. When it is critical to know exactly what has happened, you can count on Engineering Specialists, Inc. to provide you all the facts. Residential structure fires can involve a wide variety of individuals, and our experience in forensic analysis, construction and design means we understand every part of the complex nature of a fire.
We work with a variety of clients:
- Property owners
- Insurance customers
- Owner’s representatives
We provide our findings in the format you need:
- Quick Verbal Reports
- Short-form Origin and Cause
- Comprehensive Written Report