What are double pane windows and why are they useful?
Double-pane windows save money and increase the value of your home. Many homeowners do not realize that windows are the source of up to 30 percent of a home’s energy loss. Replacing single-pane windows with energy-efficient double-pane windows becomes a long-term win for your pocketbook and also increases the value of the home in the process.
What are Double Pane Windows?
Double-pane windows are made of two panes of glass and the space between is filled with insulating argon gas. The added insulation helps to further protect your home from the elements. Some manufacturers offer additional savings with triple-pane windows that can provide incredible energy efficiency and sound insulation.
In today’s world, many are starting to realize their impact on the environment and wish to reduce their environmental footprint as much as possible without affecting their quality of life. One fantastic solution to this problem is installing double pane windows. Newer windows won’t affect your daily life in a negative way and can add several other perks when installed in your home:
- Financial Savings: Save money! The windows help keep the heat in or out depending on the time of year, saving on heating and cooling costs.
- Sound Insulation: You’ll enjoy greater home insulation which cuts down on noise pollution. In busy urban areas, noise reduction becomes a huge benefit.
- Storm Protection: Years ago, many would opt to install storm windows but with the development of double pane windows you no longer need storm windows. The double-pane windows effectively protect your home.
- Greater Comfort: Double-pane windows provide a warmer feeling which many inhabitants appreciate on a cold winter day.
- Increased Home Value: Removing dated single-pane windows and replacing them with double-pane windows helps to increase your home’s value.
- Style: Double-pane windows are available in all the typical and trendy styles. You’ll find casement windows, double-hung windows, and sliding windows.
Things to Remember When Picking Double-Pane Windows
You should always remember that quality matters with double pane windows. You do not want the seal between the two glass panes to fail or the window can look foggy. Always buy reputable double pane windows. For best results energy efficiency you will want to replace all the windows in your home with double-pane windows.
Forensic Engineering Specialists
Engineering Specialists Inc. has nearly 30 years of field experience in analyzing issues related to double-pane windows for residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. We can work on any project in any state, nationwide. When you or your business needs to confirm the extent of damage or how to correct a problem, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us, toll-free, at (877) 559-4010.